Monday, January 11, 2010

Daniel Rigney.

So
This past week I had a conflict with myself
And I was confronted by myself and others.
Another battle in my head.

Last weekend was supposed to be TCTC
OR
Tennessee Christian Teen Convention
Which is a HUGE christian concert.
BUT
One of the original members of my youth group,
Indian Hills Christian Church,
tragically died in a car accident
and the other passenger,
Sabrina,
was injured and most likely traumatized from the incident.
His name was Daniel Rigney,
and although I may have never gotten the pleasure to actually meet him and get to know him,
now I feel as if I can relate to him more so than a lot of other people I know.
All that anyone could say about Daniel was that he was a loving and lovable, strong faithed, strong willed christian.
The first in our youth group to actually understand what it meant to love God with all his heart,
and has been an amazing motivation to those who got the opportunity to spend time with him.
And now,
even though he may be gone,
he still is.
Even though I may not have gotten to become friends with Daniel, talk to Daniel, or even meet Daniel,
I know that he's where we all want to be.
And I know that Daniel has even inspired me to further myself in Christianity.
To make more of a stand for the real light of God's amazing grace.
Daniel Rigney truly is an inspiration to us all
And shall never be forgotten.
As I say this
I've been thinking about what I would like to do to keep the memory of Daniel loud and vibrant.
To keep the thought of God loud and vibrant.
I've come up with a plan.
As soon as I am able to collect what I need for my plan,
I hope that I can set out by myself at first and start off going to see Sabrina and Daniel's families.
I'm hoping to call it The Rigney Crew
And my plan is of one that I've been thinking over for some time
Even before his early death.
I want to do something that Daniel would appreciate.
I want to work with anyone who gets stuck in a hospital.
My plan is to spend time with everyone I can who happens to be there.
I want to give them a gift of happiness.
So, I want to spread the Gospel.
It sounds a little cliche,
but my idea is to entwine a song or verse from the Bible into a simple bandanna bracelet or necklace.
So that everytime they see it
They can remember the verse.
In my head it really is just a symbol.
How humans, like the bandanna, are simple and imperfect;
While the verse or song inside, like the Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
Are everlasting, unfailing, and a promise of Heaven.

So as I beggin to embark on this new journey inspired by Daniel Rigney
I want others to remember him just as I do.
As another glimpse of God's true Glory,
And an inspiring light that will forever be blessed upon our imperfect hearts.
No, Daniel wasn't perfect, but Daniel loved God with everything he had.


Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment