Monday, November 2, 2009

April 1, 2009 - The Day That Changed It All


Let me set up my life before Indian Hills Christian church.


I was atheist.
I was depressed for stupid reasons.
I did stupid things and hung out with some of the worst people
and was committed to doing things I knew I shouldn't have done.
I just plain out didn't care about anything or anyone.
I helped to hurt my best friend so that I wasn't the only one suffering.
I was awful and I don't see how anyone wanted to be around me.
I was suicidal.
I thought that having to be my older brothers little sister was the worst possible thing in the whole entire world, and I hated him for being so amazing.
My older brother, Nicholas Michael Camic, whether he knows it or not stopped me from
taking away my own life.
I'd had it planned out.
He begged me to go to youth group with him one night at his church, Indian Hills Christian Church.
He begged me.
I just wanted him to shut up and leave me alone, so I went.
He saved my life that night.

I heard Justin preach his sermon that night.
I sat all alone in the far corner, and I couldn't believe the things I heard.
Justin saved my life that night.
Not because I fully grasped God at that moment,
but because he made me want to come back on Wednesday.
I wanted to understand, just as I always have.
So, I went back.
Then I kept going with Nick.
Then I made friends.
Then, I began to understand.
Then I wanted God.
Then I stopped hanging out with the wrong people.
I stopped doing things I knew I shouldn't have done.
I started to care.

On April 1, 2009
Justin Gillespie baptized me
and immersed me into Christ Jesus.
Nick, Justin, and the body of Indian Hills Student Ministry
changed my life
just because they cared.
Because they made me realize that they cared.
They saved my life,
just as Jesus saved our lives when he humbled himself and hung on the cross.

So I thank everyone. :)





And today I'm crazier than ever! Yesss haha

And I'm not sure I'm hilarious

But I'm funnier then I used to be.

Happier.

I still have struggles

Because

Lets face it...

Everyone, no matter if you're like Ghandi, or Bill Gates, or Miley Cyrus....BLEH

We all have PROBLEMS! :)

Just like when you stick a mouse in a maze with cheese at the end

(cheese being like our problems) <--(addictions, whether it be drugs all the way to la musica)

We all find our way to the stinky cheese.

It's just a matter of being strong enough to pass it up

And find the exit.





LOL:)

2 comments: