Monday, November 2, 2009

Church & Purity/Abstinence Poles :)


So yesterday at church was amazing, as usual, and histerical.
We talked about sex again! And Miley Cyrus, of course!
Justin mentioned about how he can't stand Miley because of her bad decisions, her recent one being that she danced on a stripper pole at the Teen Choice Awards and called it her "Purity and Abstinence Pole." How retarded can she get? What is that?! So when I grow up, I'm going to dance on a stripper pole in front of thousands of 7-18 year old kids wearing short shorts and a shirt that shows my bra to promote abstinence! Yeah!

Stupid.

Anyway...
So we were at church.
Talking about sex.
Miley Cyrus on her purity abstinence pole.
Emotional, yet funny.
Justin explained how mistakes in the past are forgiven, because God is AWESOME!
And it hit me...
He wasn't just talking about sex here, he was speaking of all or any sexual activity.
You know, like making out and other teenage things that lead to sex.
Well, I knew I was guilty. And I was battling myself on the inside again to go up in front of everyone that night and admit to them that I've made sexual mistakes in the past, not that I've had sex, but I've made out once or twice. I was afraid to own up to my own mistakes. Just like Miley Cyrus is afraid that if she doesn't gain that sexual qaulity with her teenage audiance, she'll drop fans. What she needs to realize as a Christian is:
A) We don't want to see that!
& B) God is probably a little unhappy about showing off sexuality to the whole entire world. She needs to realize that its almost embarrasing to be a young Christian believer for the rest of us because of her actions, and because she acts the way she does we have to work even harder as a whole to show the world that Teen Christians aren't just sex addicts and rebels. If she wants to gain respect from us, she needs to stand up to prove the world that we aren't the way older generations believe we are. At least a lot of us aren't.

Anyway....
Serious talk today.
Good talk.

Remember, God forgives because he loves!
And don't support Purity & Abstinence Stripper Poles.
Stand up for the cause!





LOL:)

2 comments:

  1. You see the background of the picture on the left? Look closely...there's a girl there who's just as afraid as we are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know!
    I would have been terrified!
    Not that I would've gone in the first place haha:)

    ReplyDelete